Sunday, November 05, 2006

tales from betlehem part 600 or something

the stores were closed,
on strike, told sami.

there had been some rioting.
one lady died, some houses demolished.

so I ate a pita with cheese and pickles for lunch
standing outside a shop that was open.
nice to see you in betlehem said two palestinians
who were doing a report for tv.

and I didnt feel hopeless

went with paul to the refugee camp.
its actually some blocks of houses
built on the un land.
sat with a bunch of palestinian youngsters
and paul offered to sell me as a wife for one.
(and with 1000 shekels, come on, thats like nothing.)

three girls ran after me, all curious.
I gave them some gum.

and I didnt feel hopeless.

we sat with sabha, the blind lady who works
in a factory with lousy payement.
she has a hard time, being the only christian there.
she poured her heart and told about her struggles.
we prayed.

and I didnt feel hopeless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your stories dear laura
funny/amazing how what happens in Bethlehem can be so encouraging in Copenhagen... especiallly the stories about the encounters with different people you girls have... and you prayed.
Thank you for this
look so forward to see you a again

1:02 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

niinpä...

Jumala on. Ja hän voi!

siu! oot rakas

Petra

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home