Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ive been kind of thinking

recently Ive been reading New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton. and it really makes me think :) one of the paragraphs that speaks to me is;

The saint knows that the world and everything made by God is good,
while those who are not saints either think that created things are unholy,
or else they dont bother about the question one way or another
because they are only interested in themselves.
The eyes of the saint make all beauty holy
and the hands of the saint consecrate everything they touch to the glory of God,
and the saint is never offended by anything
and judges no mans sin because he does not know sin.
He knows the mercy of God.
He knows that his own mission on earth is to bring that mercy to all men.


couple of days later:
it still makes me think. stirres something in me. and gets a whole new dimension when I am sitting in a livingroom with people who are a bit high and are telling stories how they broke the law .

Jesus, tell me how to do this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home