Friday, August 12, 2005

living, moving and having my being

nice days in helsinki, I was really waiting for my time here, cause there are so many tourists cause of the worldchampionshipgames. I hoped I could meet people ant get the chance to talk english.
and Jesus did actually have some nice things for me :)

tuesday:

I hed to the town. think about taking the bus, but the bus doesnt come. so I get the train.

I checked if there maybe would be some foreigners in the car, and there was.
so I sat opposite them. and a moment goes, then we start talking. the two women are from barbados, and are mothers of some athletes. we talk about the nature in barnados and in finland. in the end I decide I'll give them a card I drew with a Bible verse on it.
and it just so happens that the women are christians. so I get invited to barbados and we change e-mail addresses.

later I still get the chance to translate a finnish e-mail to one guy in the library. small lovely things.

also had coffee with my dear friend lotta. had a really great churchmeeting there :) talked about the church, our lives and so on.

wednesday:

my friend maija from lahti came to visit me. just hanged around in the town, went to see the prayerroom and checked the earth from above-exhibition. relationships are nice.


thursday:

theres a girl from germany in the bus. we start talking, and change e-mails. I get invited to germany. invited in to two countries in three days. great, and doesnt happen to me too often.

I have coffee with my muslimfriend ahmed. at a turkish coffeeplace. there really was a nice kurdish man working there. had a bit of a talk with him as well. maybe I could go there again some day.
almost got a bit frustrated cause of all the talk about religion with ahmed. the question in my mind (one of the many) still is is it better to act in the old, or not to act at all.
cause I know that talking with muslims I really need and yearn something new, but well. maybe this is learning by doing and trying to figure out little by little how things work out in the Kingdom. somethimes it is just so hard when I realize how stuck I am in some old mindsets.

after coffee with ahmed I see my dear friend sanna, and we end up talking about the same things again. church, baptism, christians and so on. it´s quite exciting to see God stirring up the same things in different people.
later the same evening we end up sitting a while with two guys in their living room. sitting there, drinking wine from my plastic cup I really ponder how to get through to these people. to really meet them, love them, not to judge them and show the reality of Jesus to them.

I defenitely have a longing in my heart to live life differently this autumn. dont know quite yet what it would be in practise. luckily Jesus knows.

friday:

God speaks to me through ants :) there was a small girl at the bus stop singing a song about ants, and then on the bus I suddenly saw there was an ant climbing at my leg. and even one point it was in my hair. it got me to read from proverbs;

go to the ant, you sluggard: consider its ways and be wise! it has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. pr6:6

ants are creatures of little strenght yet they store up their food in the summer. pr30:25

Jesus, grant me the mercy that I wouldnt be a sluggard, that I could be obedient to you, disciplined. and give me the wisdom to gather and store all the things I will need for the winter.


and then, finally. as I arrive to lahti with train I spot the two guys at the railwaystation. (the ones from the livingroom on thursday :)) and I end up having them a bit more on my heart. Jesus, you can do something, cant you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No niin, nythä tämä toimii! :)

Ja kyllä, olet niin oikeassa, relationships are wonderful indeed. Rakastan ihmisiä ja uusiin ihmisiin tutustumista.

Siunausta!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home