Monday, August 21, 2006

back to the scheduled life for a while

school started, and Im excited for that.
we have some really interesting lectures coming,
about the refugee policy in finland, rights for women in developong countries etc.
and Ill be flying to wien on the 10th of september and to tel Aviv on the 12th!!

at least at the moment it seems that they allow us to go.
its been a piece of a process to just let go.
cause going to israel is quite a thing for me, and then I just have to wait what the
school decides, cause I cant go if they tell me not to.
and in a way I feel its so unfair, cause if the israeli people live under the circumstances
24-7, then why should I be any more "priviledged" to keep myself in this safe and sound
finland, especially if I feel, that Jesus is calling me to israel.
and yeah, I know that maybe there isnt much I can do, (though we have been joking around with tytti that our final works title is:peace to the middle east), but still. if I can smile to one palestinian girl, wipe a tear from an orphans cheek and help an older lady to cross the street I know Ive done something. my friend hanna (whos back from south africa-thanks Jesus) told that one lady said to her there: a wise person knows that the sea is made of drops.
but yes, in the end Ill have to trust Jesus, if he wants me there, then he can do it.

I just had a great weekend in ahvenanmaa, åland. some old and new friends
coming together, hanging around, praying and hearing some good teachings.
again the topic about seeing the unseen come about. its been a theme for me for the whole summer. and defenitely something I want to learn more of. like in everyday life.
walking in it.

heard a great teaching beginning with the story from acts three where peter and john heal the crippled man, telling him how they dont have gold or silver, but what they have they can give : in the name of Jesus rise and walk.
and how Jesus many times has to do quite many things in order to get us to this point where we dont have any silver or gold, or any other own theories or plans or ways to act. then its just Jesus and me. and thats when the real story begins :)
the God you have, is the God you have when youre all alone with him.
its easy to go to a meeting, praise some mighty God, rasie your hands with everyone else and shout hallelujah. but how about when there is only you and God. you, some difficulties and God?
who is He then to you?

also this sad story (dont know wheter it was a true story or not, sad anyways. could be taken as a joke, but brings tears to my eyes)
a young priest standing in a beautiful glistening church building says to an older:
over are the days when the church had to say: gold or silver I dont have.
and to this the older responses:
gone are also the days when we could say: in the name of Jesus, rise and walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home