Thursday, September 14, 2006

last glimpses of vienna, first ones from jerusalem

in vienna we tried to understand something of the city, but didnt quite succeed.
while sitting in a tram we saw somekind of christian center and decided to go and ask for prayer there. some american missionaries greeted us with joy and prayed for us. encouraging!

for some unknown reason we decided to spend the last night at the airport. so we checked in about 14 hours before our flight and spent the night on the floor under the benches. for some reason time really makes things look better in a short, I already think of the night warmly as a good experience, though it was awful, long and cold. early in the morning the sofas in starbucks offered some comfort fo us again.
an iranian yoga teacher started to talk to us. he had some really good points, and it was interesting talking with him. though he laughed hard when I responded to his reincarnation theory by proclaiming that I think I am brand new. its funny though, talking with these new ageish, activistic-kind people. many times I see their lives being more biblical in many ways than christians. and they see so much spiritually. like this iranian guy just said that while we were sleeping on the sofas he saw a light surrounding us. well, no wonder cause the Holy Spirit lives in us. why cant we christians see these things. (oh the blinding power of the seen)

then, Jerusalem, day one.
almost feel unworthy to write anything, cause my words wouldnt express the things that I see and feel and wouldnt do justice for the plan God has for this all.

first day we checked the healtcare. tytti was so ill, we went to eat jerusalem to get her some medicine. in the hospital I lost my heart to the funny cleaner man, to a small aeab girl and many others. tyttis path went from the info to the nurse to the info to the doctor to the info to the lab to the info to the doctor to the info. and she got antibiotics. I love this!

there are so many layers in being here. like just seeing all the cool, beautiful places. loving the people, getting to know them. and then feeling a bit of fathers heart as he aches for the souls and the lives that suffer and are in need of him. I havent been able to deal with half of the emotions ive felt. overwhelmed with this all.

when we walked home as the prayercall sounded and the arab kids played football I felt home and alive. its right to be here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I can't wait to be there. Love you guys, love you lots.

hanna

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home