Sunday, July 01, 2007

learning to more than survive

yes, this is a different kind of summer.
I dont know when would be the last time Ive felt so helpless.
but Ive realized that there is nothing like summer in finland.
rowing a boat by the lake, being still.

one day I was reading, and found these words from one wise man
(this is my own translation from the finnish verses. from james)

know that each of you should be sensitive to hear, but slow to speak and slow to anger,
for mans anger doesnt lead to the kind of justice God wants.

there is a lot said in it and it stirred alot in me, but one of the things was
that could here be something I could use at my work as well.

So I feel helpless.
wondering what is authority.
cause I know it has nothing to do with the volume of my voice.
how can I meet these people.
their hurts.

and you know, what Jesus answers everytime I ask him.

"love"

and I panic, how? how do I love them?

and he says
"love"

George said well once when we were in israel.
how we really shouldnt take things personal.
cause if its Jesus living in me, not me living,
how could I even take it personal?

so, when they yell, wish me to hell, and are rude,
I love.
and you can imagine how clueless I am in it.

but Im trusting that the clueless shall be blessed,
for they dont need to lean on their own understanding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voi Laura. Mä olen miettinyt ihan samoja juttuja. Koulussa, mut etenkin nyt riparilla kun piti elää viikko rähisevien teinien kanssa yötä päivää. Ettei ota niitä "heini on paska"-juttuja henkilökohtaisesti, vaan hoitaa hommansa siitä huolimatta. Joops. Elokuussa se lysti sit alkaa koulussa.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hei, joo! Samoi mietin sillon, kun muksu heitti mua kivellä päähän tai kiros päin naamaa ja löi. Teinien kanssa on tietty varmaan vähän haastavampaa..

Mietin vuoden aikana eri tilanteissa, mikä on milloinki rakkauden osoitusta. Joskus ne on rajat, joskus jotain muuta. Riippuu tilanteesta. Kauheen vaikee oli antaa sanojen olla osumatta. Vaatii vielä harjotteluu.

Kauhees kriisitilanteessa autto, kun Jeesus sano: "Katso kokonaiskuvaa" Oman elämän `näkeminen´ laajemmin siinä hetkessä autto. Kaikki ei kaadu tähän hetkeen tai riipu tästä hetkestä. Tottakai-turpaan-tulee-välillä-asenne autto sillon.

Voi Lauranen, oot oikeessa paikassa. Pysy lujana, luota Herraan! Äläkä anna minkään säikyttää itseäsi! Oot muru :)

Kaisu

10:27 PM  
Blogger Mimosa said...

Niin, ihmisiä kuitenkin ollaan eikä kivestä tehty! Kyllä siinä menee aikansa ettei ota henk.koht. eikä se aina niin helppoa ole, riippuu tilanteesta..Mutta tottahan se on, ei oo kyse susta, ne vaan purkaa suhun! Mut eihän se kivaa ole.. Suojelusta ja varjelusta! -Mimo

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home