Monday, August 15, 2005

something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.

my friend emma is getting married next sunday. and tomorrow we are going to helsinki to pick up a french guy from the airport. he is coming to the wedding. we got to know marc through an OM campaign in france couple of years a go. and I have promised to take care of him during this week before the wedding.

the weirdest thing happened today- I got a phone call from pakistan. dont know who it was who tried to call me. I answered too late, and when I called them back the only thing I heard from the other end was : hello, hello, hello. maybe the line wasnt working well. hopefully that someone calls again, it would be nice to know someone from pak :) I could even say hello to them in urdu.

I saw my dearest dearest hanna today. prayed, shared, shopped, ate.
thank you Jesus for sisters in you.
we talked for example about prophetic lifestyles and how to do it in practise.
then asked Jesus how we could do it in practise.
hanna saw an old oil lamp and though of the passage about how no one puts alight on a lamp and then hides it, so living prophetically (is that a word?!) would kind of be deciding to live in the light in different situations, willingly deciding to speak the truth out and kind of like putting yourself out there. (unfortunately I am not capable of explaining the idea nearly as good as hanna did..)
also Jesus spoke about giving out lives as sacrifices (romans 12:1), and that whoever is led by the spirit is Gods child. and also that when we do just what he commands us to do the lifestyle springs up from that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dearest Laura!
Your blog is coool, it really looks like you. What I like best is that you write about the normal everyday life in supernatural power. And you make yourself available to God.
Looking forward to see you tomorrow!
Niina

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home