Wednesday, November 16, 2005

just how I am doing

Im doing good.
my practical training is going great, Im enjoying it much more than I thought!
for example I just heard today Im going to have a kind of morning devotion in
high school tomorrow. quite cool, I can get to have a small talk for about 300 youngsters
about how God wants to spend time with them and loves them.
then on the weekend we have a camp, where there are only women coming.
I get to teach some things from the Bible, and also thought about sharing a bit from this book I just referred to, Captivating.
there still isnt any snow here, but actually I dont mind a bit! its quite enough if it will be snowy from december to march.

and then, I have this really cool hat, or its not a hat hat, and its not a cap I think.. but the kind of a hat you usually wear in the wintertime. Its really old, and has Heinola written in it. thats one quite small city here in finland. and its cool cause it just gave me two conversations yesterday!
one, a bit drunken man started to talk to me about it yesterday at the railway station (and I just thought how sad it is, that almost the only time finnish people talk to strangers is when they are drunk.. what a nice culture we have ) and then also as I walked home, a guy started to talk to me cause he commented on my hat. that was nice. its funny how things like talking to strangers makes my heart alive. but it really does.

so nothing much going on in my life, as you can see. rejoicing over a hat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talking to strangers can be great, yes.
I also experienced it at a railway station with that girl who was writing in a weird language (for a second I thought she was a bit drunk, maybe she was finnish). We had a nice conversation, I hope I'll hear from her.
Well, I've got to go, the mailman is ringing my doorbell, maybe another good surprise...

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home