Wednesday, November 02, 2005

smiles

I read a book about mother theresa, and she spoke about smile.
and will wrote about it in his blog couple of weeks ago.

I remembered a scene that happened me while I was in london,
its really a shame I had let it slipped off my mind.

a homeless boy was selling the big issue-magazine at the tube station.
people passed him by without any response when he offered his magazine.
I too passed him by, smiling a bit apologizing, only just to meet him and saying
sorry for not buying his sellings. the boy yelled after me:
thank you for not ignoring me.

it stayed with me a long time.

its amazing how hard it can be to smile to a person you dont know, just walking down the street. but when you do, it really is worth it. and also amazing to think how little is needed to not to ignore people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimosa said...

Hei Laura, just smiling can be sooo important and really save someone's day. So many people just feel like nobody sees them, or cares about them.

I read something this morning that I thought of as I read your post. Robert Ricciardelli said "Kingdom of God is His Presence, His Divine Nature reigning in me and expressed THROUGH ME. It is righteousness, peace and joy."

See, when you walked by and did not ignore that big issue salesman, it was the Kingdom of God and His very nature expressed thru you. Kingdom of God had come close to that man. I bet God was smiling at you!
:)

Take care! Mimosa

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mimosa said...

PS Little things matter!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!!

Finally I found your blog! Did that really happen to you.. I mean the boy shouting after you -thing...

I've noticed thet there has more people asking for money (begging, or what's the word) in Helsinki than before. The change has happened within a year or two. How can it be...

World is really going down. But luckily we know what happens in the end..

hugs honey!!

- Lotta from Turku

4:39 PM  
Blogger laura said...

lotta, ootko se siis sä? mun lotta tiimilotta? :) tapahtuihan se oikeesti, siis tuo kyseinen big issue tapahtuma :)
hugs back girl!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home