Thursday, September 21, 2006

living dead?

the other night we went to sukat halel -thats like a 24-7prayer place here in jerusalem. they have like a "slot" for the young people every week, so ruuts (our mentor here) lovely daughter ruhama took us there.

it was a good evening.
the young people here are amazing, such hearts, passionate and devoted.

as we were worshipping, one of the girls of the band started to sing like an inspirational song, where it said only couple of sentences:
all I want is you, all I crave is you.

and Jesus spoke to me about the cost.
its funny, I think that the maturity of these young peole is the result of the pressure they are living under. Id be so glad to welcome some tribulations to finland, if it would make us a bit more alive..

Jesus said that its going to cost you. maybe even your lives. but he who endures until to the end will have a crown of life.
and the scripture from revelaton came to my mind
"they defeated him ( satan that is ) through the blood of the lamb and the bold word of their witness. they werent in love with themselves: they were willing to die for Christ" (from rev12)

its just that we are so used to this safe life. eventhoug I as a finn notice it in myself. and even to speak about something like martyrdom is a bit absurd. usually people respond to it with .you are more useful alive.. aah, dont try and be such a martyr..you cant save the world..

but then again, if Jesus is actually asking me to lay down my life as a sacrifice, not only to donate my time for him, wouldnt it mean he is in control. in everything. every area of my life. its no longer me living, cause Ive died already, and my life is now hidden in God with Christ. Could it be?

what would happen if I would actually start living this way?
its coming, and I cant wait.
AND in the middle of all these thoughts Im so grateful, that Im known by God and loved even in my weaknesses.

from revelation again:
letter to the church of smyrna
I can see your pain and poverty-constant pain, dire poverty-
(I guess suffering and glory go hand in hand many times.)
but I also see your wealth---
fear nothing in the things you are about to suffer-but stay on guard! fear nothing! the devil is about to throw you in jail for a time of testing-ten days. it wont last forever. dont quit, even if it costs you your life. stay there believing. I have a life-crown sized and ready for you. (according to the Message)

and anyways, its nice that even this one can practise. as we were singing a song with the words: I will soar with you above the storm, father you are king over the flood. I will be still and know you are God, I just realized again how Jesus calls us to worship him with our lives so that we live these songs out in the middle of our headache, lost keyes or depression.

its so interesting. this all, finding life with Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home