Tuesday, December 05, 2006

hall of names

we went to the holocaust museum today.

seeing the photos, hearing the stories
and shedding my tears I realized I wasnt
so much weeping for the losses,
but for the human soul.
for it being able to do such things.

and for the realization that it could be me,
raising my hand.

I can just humbly ask,
father, let me be one of the righteous among the nations.

as I was looking at the thousands of maps
with names of the victims
in the hall of names
again I had to admit:
who am I?
father, you are good and your love endures.
in the end you hold the scales of justice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

o wow. i know what you felt there. have been to the childrens' memorial in Yad Vashem too. a dark place with thousands of candles and the names of the children being red endlessly. have you been in there as well? my heart is still touched when i remember this place. and its 18y ago..

8:52 PM  
Blogger Navid said...

Yad Vashem has gone through changes in the last year. I think it is not the same Yad Vashem I saw as an eight-years-old boy in 1998, things are far more frightening now with all the threats of Iran. I haven't had the strength to go again to Yad Vashem, but I'm really happy you got to see it. In my opinion, the fact you came to help us Israelies is just a reason for you being a Righteous Among the Nations, even if it's only me saying that. The fact you care enough for Israel makes you one of those righteous people.
May God do His Will, even if that consists of actually going into war with Iran's Nukes.
Yhwh tsvaot yaase retsono (The Lord of Hosts will do His Will)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home