Friday, September 22, 2006

shana tova!!

happy new year everyone!
its the year 5676 here, starting from tomorrow.
hmm, I wonder who ever invented to start calculating time from the birth of Jesus. funny, what way is the wrong and whats the right one?
what way does God calculate the years, whats His way of seeing the world? what IF my western christian way isnt the way He sees things?
I heard a man once say: the best way to change your world view is to take risks.

this is crazy, I think I could write a book about every day here,
but dont have time to sit here so much. so youll only get glimpses.
Im so sorry I cant communicate to you all the great taste of hummus, the shouts on the jewish market, the birds singing, the cars honking, the people smiling and all that.

yesterday I went to betlehem.
paul, a great british guy with a scoobydoo watch and one of the warmest hearts took me at the back of his scooter and off we went.
paul visits about 5 different schools, most of them disabled schools.
he sings in them and gives short speeches, kind of like morning devotions. then he visits for example one man, and delivers his post (they dont have post running in betlehem, so the man gives his letters to paul, who sends them from jeru) and also we went to visit the boy I wrote earlier about, the one who cant come to jeru anymore, cause he is 16. his permit is now under asking, so lets pray it comes through.

needless to say, I loved it. the kids just stole my heart.
and just being there. it felt right.
though not in the moment when we were sitting at the fine sofas of one christian center (woops, I dont want to mention names or anything, or even dont want to sound like Im critizing, just telling my own thoughts, please dont be offended anyone, Im sure they all do good job in the area, its just not what God is maybe calling me to) and the palestinian "refugee street" was on the other side of the road. are we christians like this, seriously? must say, Id rather been sitting there with the people.

who needs a wooden desk anyway?

then in the evening we met with that arab salesman I told you about earlier. he took us to some cool hill, where we could see the whole jerusalem lighted in the night. a m a z i n g . he is very nice, and I guess this relationship falls in the category of changing our worldview :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home