Monday, September 05, 2005

not so finished thoughts about prague part one



great time. Almost feels quite stupid to even write about it, cause I think I wont be able to communicate all the stuff I would like to, but well, if I am learning to communicate then I need to learn to communicate.

I arrived in Prague on Thursday evening and settled down.Friday we heard about a Czech reformer called Jan Hus and visited a city called Tabor. we went through some of the history of the hussite-movement and the moravian-movement. Hussites at some point started to go a bit too much with the sword, when again the moravians used pens as their swords. One thing that stayed on my mind of it, was the pro- and anti-thinking.For example the Moravians liked to be more pro-Christ than anti-something. One of the things we talked about during the weekend was getting out of the “church-organisation-mindset-kind-of-a-thing” (am I communicating clearly enough :)) so in that as well its good to bear in mind that its better to be pro-Kingdom of God than anti-church as an organisation. Maybe its always a bit more edifying to concentrate on that which is good.

Friday evening the meeting started “officially” or whatever, and we met all together. Sat in a small room all 50 of us and shared three keywords about ourselves. Absolutely one of the best things during the weekend were new friends. So blessed to meet people from different nations, share dreams, visions, processes and thoughts. There were people for example from UK, Holland, Portugal, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Macedonia and so on.One good thing relationship-wise was that there were quite a few “older” people there. (don’t know how I should say it so it wouldnt sound that I think they were o l d .)Cause the thing here in finland is, that we cant quite find too many spiritual mothers or fathers who would be releasing the postmodern generation (or whatever I could call it) do things their way. So it was good to hear from them, and just to have them around.

(in the picture rachi and me)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, It's brett from Australia. Just saying I liked what you said about being pro kingdom and not anti church! And if and Aussie can understand a finnish girl it must mean that you are communicating well! :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger laura said...

brett!! how on earth did you find my blog? havent heard from you in ages!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Laura, well I known some people who know some people who know.... :) Actually it was through Petra's blog that has your blog as a link. Tell me what email address is best to get in contact with you? Unless you like conversing through comments :)
Brett

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home