Tuesday, January 17, 2006

monday in london

enjoyed sleeping a bit later than on sunday
and then walked to camden town (one of my favourites, and only about 10 minutes walk from chris') did nothing special.

checked central london shops, virgin music lured my money but I stayed strong. (kind of had to)
I was actually quite tired cause didnt get much sleep in portsmouth. after selecting two books from about 20 I would have wanted out at wesley owens I sat in a cafe for about two hours. (the books I bought were the sacred romance, finally! and the one phil recommended, a newkind of christian)

we were supposed to meet at baker st with chris to go to this artisan event, and while I was checking the buses there a guy from libanon started to talk to me. I think he was just trying to hit on me a bit, but we did have a nice conversation. and I do think its nice when strangers start to talk with me. in the end we even changed out numbers. cause you know what they say; one never has too many muslim friends.

the artisan event was the coolest ever. about 200 people from different industries (media, theatre, dance, fashion etc) coming together to cry out to God for their city and their industry.
again had these silent moments with God Ive longed for.
these two sentences kind of stayed with me:
Lord, you have always spoken when the time was ripe. though you be silent now, today I believe.
Lord, you have always given peace for tomorrow. though with an anxious heart, today I believe.

I also met chris' friend susanne (who was so sweet, liked her a lot!) and chris' brother andy. so all these three + all the flatmates of chris are studying acting. Ive never known anyone studying acting before, but goosh, I like these people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home