Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the brilliancy of communication

the other night we were sitting in our kitchen
and read an article from the newspaper
(which milkas aunt ordered for us for one month.
and the month is over. and I feel addicted.)
about the holocaust.

tytti read it, and we started to talk and I just said
what I had thought about earlier. about the jews
and the time of the holocaust. if I would be
the kind of follower of the way who would hide jews in
my home. despite of everything.
and how I would want to be that kind of a follower.
and brought it to today, and thought about it
in terms of justice. am I the kind of follower
who does something, tries to do something
to the injustices going on in guantanamo
and so on. and I dont even have to look so
far to see injustice. so we chatted these kind of things.

and the next evening tytti said, that she was happy I
started to talk about it, and said how it made her to think
how she has a tendency to pick up a side in matters,
and I realized I didn´t think of it that way. but how true it is

in life. black or white. right or wrong. palestinians or jews.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimosa said...

Yeah, I wonder is there still any that sort of character left these days. We are so much more eager to save our own skin than to sacrifice for others.

Once at IEC somebody who preached told about this ship that was sinking, and how all the christians there went around asking people if they wanted to be saved and didnt try to save their lives. Hmm actually Im not sure if it was the Estonia. I think it might have been. But really, giving your life, not thinking about all your loved ones at home, but giving it all to the thing that matters the most..

Im joining you in the hoping that Id be like those who hid the jews. God, take me and make me..mold me like clay in the Potters hand.

SIUKKUJA sulle Laura! Hope to see you sometime!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home