Friday, October 07, 2005

just a bit about family

last weekend stirred up something with this idea about family.
I was quite shocked to realize how hard it is for me to be able to live as a family.
I spent some time with my mum, and we ended up talking about our family patterns.
when I was younger and still lived home, and all my brothers and sister as well,
we actually quite rarely had time together. even the lunches were taken seperately,
cause everyone had their own schedules. I always thought it as a bad thing, when my friends had to be home at a certain time to have lunch together as a family. recently I have started to realize that its a weird way of thinking. hmm, I really need to learn how to be able to live as a family, as a community and as a team.

and then it has been funny to see this phenomenon (that is by the way one of my favourite words in english :)) of being clueless to spread more in my life. I just had a talk with my dear dear friend and we had this kind of sin-confessing situation. and really, I had no idea how to act. cause it was something conserning our relationship. but well, its so refreshing to live openly, or learning it anyway.
one could almost feel depressed seeing how hard it is sometimes to live according to the Word cause of these learned patterns and cultural things but well, maybe I take them as an exciting new experiences rather than depressing failures :)
thanks Jesus for teaching your body how to function!

there is a ce-gathering in berlin in november. I got the invitation. but I havent got the courage to actually ask about it from Jesus, cause I have no idea what I would do if He would say I need to apply. I guess I would then apply, but after that I would really be in trouble with all the practical stuff. well, you know Father.
but hooray, I am going to turku (its a city on the coast) today. its nice to get away from these normal circles for a while. and see lovely friends and sisters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

praying for you as you process Berlin. Love you

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home