Friday, January 20, 2006

a small thought about the kingdom and friends.


a while ago niina sent me a textmessage saying: "friendship is the word of the day. a tool in what God is doing and still a joy in itself. Gods kingdom comes in our sincere friendship."

this really stayed with me for quite a while. and it has opened up to me more and more during these past couple of months.


it was one time while tytti and me were queueing to the communion table as the sentence strucked my mind. it was a communion in our school, so this traditional church communion. as you might now, you should usually "behave yourself" while approaching the table. but as we were waiting out turns, we were joking around and laughing. and I just thought the contrast of it.
we were having fun; joy, peace, love and unity in that moment.
and how in the communion culture it is suitable to be with a severe face, quiet and so on. (not to say its a bad thing in itself, but I guess you get my point)

and after that Ive just realized many times how the kingdom really does reveal itself usually in these great moments, when people are just being together, loving, sharing and having fun. maybe thats also one aspect of something Jesus´could have meant by saying that we are known to be his dispicles if we love each other.

I just love my friends and its so cool that Jesus uses something that "simple" to do his will on earth :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to say: I love this posting and enjoy your blog SOOO much. Thank You, Laura! The laughing thing you wrote about reminds me of my baptism, something happened there: I've can't remember when I would have laughed that much. Joy is a gift from God and sharing that joy with friends is a double-blessing :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home